Looking for: Our 2023 Chef
The iconic Innamincka Hotel is located in Outback South Australia, just south west of the QLD border, situated on the banks of the Cooper creek, on the edge of the Innamincka Regional reserve.
A popular stop over and tourist destination, we require an energetic, creative, professional, hardworking cook / hotel all-rounder with a passion for their job and experience in catering for large numbers.
Proven ability to work unsupervised within set timeframes will be the key to succeed in this role.
The position is required to start April and a requirement of a 6 month fulltime contract,
People with a love for the outback, who are ready for a challenge and can work successfully with others we look forward to hearing from you.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following at the time of applying;
- Preparing the kitchen before meal service – this involves working through a task list to ensure the kitchen is ready for meal service.
- Preparation and service of great pub food from a set menu and buffet premium quality meals for a high volume of customers.
- Garnishing and presenting every meal with pride and care regardless of how busy the kitchen is
- Can positively respond to pressure and deadlines. Note depending on the time of the season meal covers will vary from 30-150 on any given service. With orders being taken from menu.
- Ability to work unsupervised and consistently meet set time frames.
- Undertake food preparation while maintaining required stock levels. Due to hotel location this requires the ability to think a couple of days ahead – forward planning is key.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful by making the most out of what ingredients we have on site while minimising or ideally eliminating wastage.
- Assisting management with food ordering in line with hotel policy and procedure.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment to consistently meet the standards of Health Department
- Recording daily temperature checks in line with legislation.
- Work as a team and helping others where required – note as a small team in the Outback this includes washing dishes.
- Be willing to live and work in a remote destination while respecting the local culture
- Required to be flexible with roster changes and hours worked depending on the needs of the business throughout the seven month contract.
- Work a 6 day per week rotational roster
- Report to Hotel manager & able to take direction easily
ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE CERTIFICATES
- SITXFSA101, Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
- Cooks SIT30816 Cert111 in commercial cookery
Accommodation and meals are provided for $120 per week that is directly deducted from your weekly wage.
Flights to Innamincka are direct from Adelaide to Moomba and we would fly the successful applicants out and return flights to Adelaide at end of completed contract.
All applicants must:
- Hold the right to work in Australia
- Have an excellent work ethic and sense of responsibility
- Be willing to help other team members to get any job done
- Love meeting a diverse range of people from all walks of life
- Be capable, enthusiastic and ready to provide a safe and memorable experience for travellers
What to expect
A working holiday at Innamincka will allow you to see an extraordinary part of Australia, meet fantastic people, and make connections that can last a lifetime. Read some testimonials and learn more about outback life and work on the Outback Loop.
How to Apply
Here’s what to expect from our hiring process:
- Submit a resume and tell us about yourself via the form below.
- Successful applicants will be contacted to organise a video interview via Zoom. Note: If you’re not familiar with Zoom, please download it and test it out prior to our video interview.
- We will be in touch within a week to let you know if your application has been successful.