At the Innamincka Hotel, we are more than just a pub.
We consider the Hotel to be a pillar within the broader ecosystem of Innamincka, and it is our privilege and pride to support the social, economic and environmental health of our town and region.
The pub is the town’s meeting place, a visitor information centre, a weather bureau and a newsroom. An oasis in the desert, a watering hole, and the place to rest a weary head.
Our people are a welcome wagon, a team, and a well-oiled machine, and we love the Outback but we know that living in a remote location can be challenging.
At the Innamincka Hotel we believe that healthy staff are happy staff. At every level of business operation, happy staff will contribute to the quality, stability and integrity of the business.
As employers in a challenging environment, we feel responsible for ensuring our team members are supported in maintaining their own mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
What We Provide As Employers
Security and Safety
- A safe workplace
- Open door policy
- A fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work
- Opportunities for professional development
- Supportive environment for skills building and learning
- Investment in our staff to set them up to succeed
- Schedule appropriate rest periods
- Encourage recreational activities
- Support access to mental health services
- No tolerance of bullying or negative dynamics
- Expecting a respectful standard from our customers
What We Expect from Employees
- Reliable and punctual
- Honest and trustworthy
- Neatly groomed presentation
- Behaving with integrity, in good faith
- Respectful manner to all staff, vendors, customers and locals
- Supportive of the business goals
- Generous in sharing knowledge and skills with others
- Passionate about providing an excellent guest experience
- Always willing to learn more about the region, environment, community and the business
The Right Attitude
- A positive energy and passion for what we do
- Fair and reasonable, and collected under pressure
- Caring, considerate and supportive of the entire team
- Willingness to give anything a go and be flexible and helpful in unexpected circumstances
We value capable, enthusiastic workers with warm personalities, who can get along with a range of people, and embrace the Outback.